Ex vivo investigation of glycerol diffusion in skin tissue
Paper #2933 received 2016.01.19 revised manuscript received 2016.03.10; accepted for publication 2016.03.10; published online 2016.03.29.
1. V. V. Tuchin, Tissue optics: Light Scattering Methods and Instruments for Medical Diagnosis. Third edition, SPIE Tutorial Text in Optical Engineering, SPIE Press, Washington, Bellingham (2015).
2. ISBN: 9781628415162 Crossref
3. E. A. Genina, A. N. Bashkatov, and V. V. Tuchin, “Tissue optical immersion clearing,” Expert Review of Medical Devices 7(6), 825-842 (2010). Crossref
4. D. Zhu, K. Larin, Q. Luo, and V. V. Tuchin, “Recent progress in tissue optical clearing,” Laser & Photonics Reviews 7(5), 732-757 (2013). Crossref
5. E. A. Genina, A. N. Bashkatov, Y. P. Sinichkin, I. Y. Yanina, and V. V. Tuchin, “Optical clearing of biological tissues: prospects of application in medical diagnostics and phototherapy,” Journal of Biomedical Photonics & Engineering 1(1), 22-58 (2015). Crossref
6. C. G. Rylander, O. F. Stumpp, T. E. Milner, N. J. Kemp, J. M. Mendenhall, K. R. Diller, and A. J. Welch, “Dehydration mechanism of optical clearing in tissue,” J. Biomed. Opt. 11(4), 041117 (2006). Crossref
7. A. T. Yeh, and J. Hirshburg, “Molecular interactions of exogenous chemical agents with collagen-implications for tissue optical clearing,” J. Biomed. Opt. 11(1), 014003 (2006). Crossref
8. E. A. Genina, A. N. Bashkatov, Y. P. Sinichkin, and V. V. Tuchin, “Optical clearing of skin under action of glycerol: ex vivo and in vivo investigations,” Optics and Spectroscopy 109(2), 225-231 (2010). Crossref
9. M. A. Fox, D. G. Diven, K. Sra, A. Boretsky, T. Poonawalla, A. Readinger, M. Motamedi, and R. J. McNichols, “Dermal scatter reduction in human skin: a method using controlled application of glycerol,” Lasers Surg. Med. 41, 251-255 (2009). Crossref
10. T. Son, and B. Jung, “Cross-evaluation of optimal glycerol concentration to enhance optical clearing efficacy,” Skin Research and Technology 21(3), 327-332 (2015). Crossref
11. E. Youn, T. Son, H.-S. Kim, and B. Jung, “Determination of optimal glycerol concentration for optical tissue clearing,” Proc. SPIE 8207, 82070J (2012). Crossref
12. J. B. Segur, and H. E. Oberstar, “Viscosity of glycerol and its aqueous solutions,” Ind. and Eng. Chem. 43(9), 2117-2120 (1951).
13. A. N. Bashkatov, E. A. Genina, and V. V. Tuchin, “Measurement of glucose diffusion coefficients in human tissues,” Chapter 19 in Handbook of Optical Sensing of Glucose in Biological Fluids and Tissues, V. V. Tuchin (Ed.), Taylor & Francis Group LLC, CRC Press, 587-621 (2009).
14. D. K. Tuchina, R. Shi, A. N. Bashkatov, E. A. Genina, D. Zhu, Q. Luo, and V. V. Tuchin, “Ex vivo optical measurements of glucose diffusion kinetics in native and diabetic mouse skin,” J. Biophotonics 8(4), 332-346 (2015). Crossref
15. Y. Nishijima, and G. Oster, “Diffusion of glycerol-water mixture,” Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan 33(12), 1649-1651 (1960). Crossref
16. B. Chen, E. E. Sigmund, and W. P. Halperin, "Stokes-Einstein relation in supercooled aqueous solutions of glycerol,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 96(14), 145502 (2006).
17. W. Chen, J. Jiang, W. Zhang, R. K. Wang, and K. Xu, “Typical application of skin diffusion optical model to quantitative description of tissue optical properties,” Proc. SPIE 7176, 71760L (2009). Crossref
18. D. Huang, W. Zhang, H. Zhong, H. Xiong, X. Guo, and Z. Guo, “Optical clearing of porcine skin tissue in vitro studied by Raman microspectroscopy,” J. Biomed. Opt. 17(1), 015004 (2012). Crossref
19. J. Jiang, L. Zhang, and R. K. Wang, “Synergistic effect of hyperosmotic agents under topical application on optical clearing of skin tissue in vitro,” Proc. SPIE 5696, 80-90 (2005). Crossref
20. Z. Mao, Z. Han, X. Wen, Q. Luo, and D. Zhu, “Influence of glycerol with different concentration on skin optical clearing and morphological changes in vivo,” Proc. SPIE 7278, 72781T (2009). Crossref
21. X. Xu, and Q. Zhu, “Feasibility of sonophoretic delivery for effective skin optical clearing,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering 55(4), 1432-1437 (2008). Crossref
© 2014-2020 Samara National Research University. All Rights Reserved.
Public Media Certificate (RUS). 12+