The use of laser dynamical speckle interferometry in the study of cellular processes
Paper #2952 received 2016.01.31; revised manuscript received 2016.02.12; accepted for publication 2016.03.03; published online 2016.03.30.
A speckle interferometry setup is mounted, tested and approved that allows the analysis of intracellular processes with large optical magnification. For different part of the cell, the dependences of speckle image correlation coefficients upon time are found. It is shown that the method allows the detection of differences in the process that occur in the nutrient solution outside the cell and inside the cell, as well as those occurring in different parts of the cell.
1. M. Francon, Laser Speckle and Applications in Optics, Academic Press, New York (1979).
2. ISBN: 9780124337459. Crossref
3. V. V. Tuchin, Lasers and Optical Firbes in Biomedical Studies, 2nd ed., Fizmatlit, Moscow (2010) [in Russian].
4. V. P. Tychinskii, “Coherent phase microscopy of intracellular processes,” Physics–Uspekhi 44(6), 617-629 (2001). Crossref
5. D. A. Zimnyakov, V. V. Tuchin, and S. R. Utz, “A study of statistical properties of partially developed speckle fields as applied to the diagnostics of structural changes in human skin,” Opt. Spectrosc. 76, 838-844 (1994).
6. A. P. Vladimirov, A. L. Lisin, V. I. Mikushin, M. M. Kokhan, I. A. Kuklin, and E. V. Kononenko, “Biological activity of the human skin studied by method of speckle counting,” Technical Physics Letters 26(5), 366-368 (2000). Crossref
7. G. G. Akchurin, V. V. Bakutkin, E. Y. Radchenko, and V. V. Tuchin, “Laser speckle interferometry and the possibility to determine the retinal acuity of vision in the case of cataract,” Biomeditsinskiye tekhnologii i radioelektronika 1, 19-27 (2002) [in Russian].
8. Y. N. Dubnishchev, V. A. Arbuzov, and P. Y. Belousov, Optical Methods of Flow Studies, Novosibirsk ed., Sibirskoye universitetskoye izd-vo, Novosibirsk (2003) [in Russian].
9. A. P. Poryvaeva, and T. S. Nekrasova, “Cell cultures in the complex diagnostics of herpes virus infections,” 6-ya regional’naya nauchno-prakticheskaya konferentsiya “Perpektivy ispol’zovaniya v meditsinskoy praktike novykh immunobiologicheskikh preparatov, poluchennykh na osnove kletochnykh struktur,” May 30-31, Ekaterinburg, Sbornik materialov (2012).
10. V. V. Lychagov, A. L. Kalyanov, D. V. Lyakin, and V. P. Ryabukho, “Method for remote diagnostics of the internal structure of layered media,” Quantum Electron. 38(6), 563–569 (2008).
11. A. P. Vladimirov, A. V. Druzhinin, A. S. Malygin, and ?. N. Mikitas, “Theory and calibration of speckle dynamics of phase object,” Proc. of SPIE 8337, 83370C (2012). Crossref
12. A. S. Malygin, N. V. Bebenina, A. P. Vladimirov, K. N. Mikitas, and A. A. Bakharev, “A speckle-interferometric device for studying the cell biological activity,” Instruments and Experimental Techniques 55(3), 415–418 (2012). Crossref
13. N. V. Bebenina, “Application of dynamic speckle interferometry method to the study of metabolic activity of cells in the in vitro experiment,” Master Thesis, Ekaterinburg (2012) [in Russian].
14. Y. A. Mikhailova, “Application of dynamic speckle interferometry to the analysis of metabolic activity of cultivated cells,” graduate work, Ekaterinburg (2013) [in Russian].
15. N. P. Glinskikh, V. N. Avdeeva, F. Y. Zusman, et al., Patent No. 2148644 of Russian Federation.
© 2014-2017 Samara National Research University. All Rights Reserved.
Public Media Certificate (RUS). 12+