OCT study of skin optical clearing with preliminary laser ablation of epidermis
Paper #3141 received 3 Mar 2017; revised manuscript received 5 Apr 2017; accepted for publication 5 Apr 2017; published online 27 Apr 2017.
1. V. V. Tuchin, “Tissue optics and photonics: biological tissue structures,” Journal of Biomedical Photonics & Engineering 1(1), 3-21 (2015). Crossref
2. V. V. Tuchin, “Tissue optics and photonics: light-tissue interaction,” Journal of Biomedical Photonics & Engineering 1(2), 98-134 (2015). Crossref
3. D. Zhu, K. Larin, Q. Luo, and V. V. Tuchin, “Recent progress in tissue optical clearing,” Laser & Photonics Reviews 7(5), 732-757 (2013). Crossref
4. E. A. Genina, A. N. Bashkatov, Yu. P. Sinichkin, I. Yu. Yanina, and V. V. Tuchin, “Optical clearing of biological tissues: prospects of application in medical diagnostics and phototherapy,” Journal of Biomedical Photonics & Engineering 1(1), 22-58 (2015). Crossref
5. S. Karma, J. Homan, C. Stoianovici, and B. Choi, “Enhanced fluorescence imaging with DMSO-mediated optical clearing,” Journal of Innovative Optical Health Sciences 3(3), 153-158 (2010).
6. H. Zhong, Z. Guo, H. Wei, L. Guo, C. Wang, Y. He, H. Xiong, and S. Liu, “Synergistic effect of ultrasound and Thiazone PEG 400 on human skin optical clearing in vivo,” Photochem. Photobiol. 86(3), 732-737 (2010).
7. J. Yoon, D. Park, T. Son, J. Seo, J. S. Nelson, and B. Jung, “A physical method to enhance transdermal delivery of a tissue optical clearing agent: Combination of microneedling and sonophoresis,” Lasers Surg. Med. 42(5), 412-417 (2010). Crossref
8. X. Xu, and Q. Zhu, “Feasibility of sonophoretic delivery for effective skin optical clearing,” IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng. 55(4), 1432-1437 (2008). Crossref
9. H. Zhong, Z. Guo, H. Wei, C. Zeng, H. Xiong, Y. He, and S. Liu, “In vitro study of ultrasound and different-concentration glycerol-induced changes in human skin optical attenuation assessed with optical coherence tomography,” J. Biomed. Opt. 15(3), 036012 (2010).
10. C.-H. Lin, I. A. Aljuffali, and J.-Y. Fang, “Lasers as an approach for promoting drug delivery via skin,” Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery 11(4), 599-614 (2014). Crossref
11. I. A. Aljuffali, C. F. Lin, and J. Y. Fang, “Skin ablation by physical techniques for enhancing dermal/transdermal drug delivery,” J. Drug Del. Sci. Tech. 24(3), 277-287 (2014).
12. X. Xu and Q. Zhu, “Sonophoretic delivery for contrast and depth improvement in skin optical coherence tomography,” IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics 14(1), 56-61 (2008). Crossref
13. X. Wen, S. L. Jacques, V. V. Tuchin, and D. Zhu, “Enhanced optical clearing of skin in vivo and optical coherence tomography in-depth imaging,” J. Biomed. Opt. 17(6), 066022 (2012).
14. K. V. Larin, M. G. Ghosn, A. N. Bashkatov, E. A. Genina, N. A. Trunina, and V. V. Tuchin, “Optical clearing for OCT image enhancement and in-depth monitoring of molecular diffusion,” IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics 18(3), 1244-1259 (2012). Crossref
15. E. A. Genina, A. N. Bashkatov, A. A. Korobko, E. A. Zubkova, V. V. Tuchin, I. V. Yaroslavsky, and G. B. Altshuler, “Optical clearing of human skin: comparative study of permeability and dehydration of intact and photothermally perforated skin,” J. Biomed. Opt. 13(2), 021102 (2008).
16. J. S. Nelson, J. L. McCullough, T. C. Glenn, W. H. Wright, L.-H. L. Liaw, and S. L. Jacques, “Mid-infrared laser ablation of stratum corneum enhances in vitro percutaneous transport of drugs,” J. Invest. Dermatol. 97(5), 874-879 (1991).
17. A. Fujiwara, T. Hinokitani, K. Goto, and T. Arai, “Partial ablation of porcine stratum corneum by argon-fluoride excimer laser to enhance transdermal drug permeability,” Lasers Med. Sci. 19, 210-217 (2005). Crossref
18. H.-J. Jang, E. Hur, Y. Kim, S.-H. Lee, N. G. Kang, and J. J. Yoh, “Laser-induced microjet injection into preablated skin for more effective transdermal drug delivery,” J. Biomed. Opt. 19(11), 118002 (2014).
19. E. A. Genina, A. N. Bashkatov, L. E. Dolotov, G. N. Maslyakova, V. I. Kochubey, I. V. Yaroslavsky, G. B. Altshuler, and V. V. Tuchin, “Transcutaneous delivery of micro- and nanoparticles with laser microporation,” J. Biomed. Opt. 18(11), 111406 (2013).
© 2014-2021 Samara National Research University. All Rights Reserved.
Public Media Certificate (RUS). 12+