Water Content and Scatterers Dispersion Evaluation in Colorectal Tissues
Paper #3254 received 30 Oct 2017; revised manuscript received 11 Dec 2017; accepted for publication 19 Dec 2017; published online 31 Dec 2017. [Saratov Fall Meeting 2017 Special Issue].
1. T. Vo-Dinh (ed.), Biomedical Photonics Handbook, 2nd ed., CRC Press, Boca Raton (2014).
2. I. J. Bigio, and S. Fantini, “Quantitative Biomedical Optics: Theory, Methods, and Applications,” Cambridge Texts in Biomedical Engineering, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2016).
3. A. Sabouni, S. Noghanian, and S. Pistorius, “Effects of tissue composition on the accuracy of microwave breast tumour imaging,” IFMBE Proceedings 14, 1489-1493 (2007). Crossref
4. P. C. Miranda, L. Correia, R. Salvador, and P. J. Basser, “Tissue heterogeneity as a mechanism for localized neural stimulation by applied electric fields,” Physics in Medicine and Biology 52(18), 5603-5617 (2007). Crossref
5. V. V. Tuchin, Optical Clearing of Tissues and Blood, SPIE Press, Bellingham, Washington (2006). ISBN: 9780819481108
6. L. Oliveira, A. Lage, M. P. Clemente, and V. Tuchin, “Optical characterization and composition of abdominal wall muscle from rat,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering 47(6), 667-672 (2009). Crossref
7. L. Oliveira, A. Lage, M. P. Clemente, and V. V. Tuchin, “Rat muscle opacity decrease due to the osmosis of a simple mixture,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 15(5), 055004 (2010). Crossref
8. V. Gilard, R. Martino, M. Malet-Martino, M. Riviere, A. Gournay, and R. Navarro, “Measurement of total water and bound water contents in human stratum corneum by in vitro proton nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy,” International Journal of Cosmetic Science 20(2), 117-125 (1998). Crossref
9. C. Li, J. Jiang, and K. Xu, “The variations of water in human tissue under certain compression: studied with diffuse reflectance spectroscopy,” Journal of Innovative Optical Health Sciences 6(1), 1350005 (2013). Crossref
10. D. Zhu, K. V. Larin, Q. Luo, and V. V. Tuchin, “Recent progress in tissue optical clearing,” Laser and Photonic Reviews 7(5), 732-757 (2013). Crossref
11. S. Carvalho, N. Gueiral, E. Nogueira, R. Henrique, L. Oliveira, and V. V. Tuchin, “Glucose diffusion in colorectal mucosa – a comparative study between normal and cancer tissues,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 22(9), 091506 (2017). Crossref
12. D. K. Tuchina, R. Shi, A. N. Bashkatov, E.A. Genina, D. Zhu, Q. Luo, and V. V. Tuchin, “Ex vivo optical measurements of glucose diffusion kinetics in native and diabetic mouse skin,” Journal of Biophotonics 8(4), 332-346 (2015). Crossref
13. E. A. Genina, A. N. Bashkatov, Y. P. Sinichkin, I. Yu. Yanina, and V. V. Tuchin, “Optical clearing of biological tissues: prospects of application in medical diagnosis and phototherapy,” Journal of Biomedical Photonics & Engineering 1(1), 22-58 (2016). Crossref
14. E. A. Genina, A. N. Bashkatov, and V. V Tuchin, “Tissue optical immersion clearing,” Expert Review of Medical Devices 7(6), 825-842 (2010). Crossref
15. L. Oliveira, M. I. Carvalho, E. Nogueira, and V. V. Tuchin, “Optical clearing mechanisms characterization in muscle,” Journal of Innovative Optical Health Sciences 9(5), 1650035 (2016). Crossref
16. L. Oliveira, M. I. Carvalho, E. M. Nogueira, and V. V. Tuchin, “The characteristic time of glucose diffusion measured for muscle tissue at optical clearing,” Laser Physics 23(7), 075606 (2013). Crossref
17. D. Tuchina A. Bashkatov, A. Bucharskaya, E. Genina, and V. Tuchin, “Study of glycerol diffusion in skin and myocardium ex vivo under the conditions of developing alloxan-induced diabetes,” Journal of Biomedical Photonics & Engineering 3(2), 020302 (2017). Crossref
18. A. Sdobnov, M. E. Darvin, J. Lademann, and V. Tuchin, “A comparative study of ex vivo skin optical clearing using two-photon microscopy,” Journal of Biophotonics 10(9), 1115-1123 (2017). Crossref
19. L. Oliveira, M. I. Carvalho, E. M. Nogueira, and V. V. Tuchin, “Skeletal muscle dispersion (400 - 1000 nm) and kinetics at optical clearing,” Journal of Biophotonics, e201700094 (2017). Crossref
20. D. W. Leonard, and K. M. Meek, “Refractive indices of the collagen fibrils and extrafibrillar material of the corneal stroma,” Biophysical Journal 72(3), 1382-1387 (1997). Crossref
21. S. H. Chung, A. E. Cerussi, C. Klifa, H. M. Baek, O. Birgul, G Gulsen, S. I. Merritt, D. Hsiang, and B. J. Tromberg, “In vivo water state measurements in breast cancer using broadband diffuse optical spectroscopy,” Physics in Medicine and Biology 53(23), 6713-6727 (2008). Crossref
22. H. Brenner, M. Kloor, and C. P. Poxl, “Colorectal cancer,” Lancet 383(9927), 1490-1502 (2014). Crossref
23. S. Carvalho, N. Gueiral, E. Nogueira, R. Henrique, L. Oliveira, and V. Tuchin, “Wavelength dependence of the refractive index of human colorectal tissues: comparison between healthy mucosa and cancer,” Journal of Biomedical Photonics & Engineering 2(4), 040307 (2016). Crossref
24. P. Giannios, S. Koutsoumpos, K. G. Toutouzas, M. Matiatou, G. C. Zografos, and K. Moutzouris, “Complex refractive index of normal and malignant human colorectal tissue in the visible and near-infrared,” Journal of Biophotonics 10(2), 303-310 (2017). Crossref
25. S. Carvalho, N. Gueiral, E. Nogueira, R. Henrique, L. Oliveira, and V. V. Tuchin, “Comparative study of the optical properties of colon mucosa and colon precancerous polyps between 400 and 1000 nm,” Proceedings SPIE 10063, 100631L (2017). Crossref
26. A. Y. Sdobnov, V. V Tuchin, J. Lademann, and M. E Darvin, “Confocal Raman microscopy supported by optical clearing treatment of the skin – influence on collagen hydration,” Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 50, 285401-1-9 (2017). Crossref
27. R. Chang, “Reactions in aqueous solutions” in Chemistry, 10th ed., R. Chang (ed.), McGraw-Hill, New York (2010). ISBN: 9780078916915.
28. A. A. Raginov, and G. N. Shcherbakova, Infusion-transfusion therapy: a guide, GEOTAR Media, Moscow (2010). ISBN: 9785970415382 [in Russian].
29. H. Li, and S. Xie, “Measurement method of the refractive index of biotissue by total internal reflection,” Applied Optics 35(10), 1793-1795 (1996). Crossref
30. Q. Ye, J. Wang, Z.-C. Deng, W.-Y. Zhou, C.-P. Zhang, and J.-G. Tian, “Measurement of the complex refractive index of tissue-mimicking phantoms and biotissue by extended differential total reflection method,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 16(9), 097001 (2011). Crossref
31. J.-C. Lai, Y.-Y. Zhang, Z.-H. Li, H.-J. Jiang, and A.-Z. He, “Complex refractive index measurement of biological tissues by attenuated total reflection ellipsometry,” Applied Optics 49(16), 3235-3238 (2010). Crossref
32. H. Ding, J. Q. Lu, K. M. Jacobs, and X.-H. Hu, “Determination of refractive indices of porcine skin tissues and intralipid at eight wavelengths between 325 and 1557 nm,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A 22(6), 1151-1157 (2005). Crossref
33. Y. L. Jin, J. Y. Chen, L. Xu, and P. N. Wang, “Refractive index measurement for biomaterial samples by total internal reflection,” Physics in Medicine and Biology 51(20), N271-N379 (2006). Crossref
34. H. Ding, J. Q. Lu, W. A. Wooden, P. J. Kragel, and X.-H. Hu, “Refractive indices of human skin tissues at eight wavelengths and estimated dispersion relations between 300 and 1600 nm,” Physics in Medicine and Biology 51(6), 1479-1489 (2006). Crossref
35. Z. Deng, J. Wang, Q. Ye, T. Sun, W. Zhou, J. Mei, C. Zhang, and J. Tian, “Determination of continuous complex refractive dispersion of biotissue based on internal reflection,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 21(1), 015003 (2016). Crossref
37. Density of Glycerine-Water Solutions
38. L. Oliveira, M. I. Carvalho, E. M. Nogueira, and V. V. Tuchin, “Diffusion characteristics of ethylene glycol in skeletal muscle,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 20(5), 059801 (2015). Crossref
39. G. M. Hale, and M. R. Querry, “Optical constants of water in the 200 nm to 200 μm wavelength region,” Applied Optics 12(3), 555-563 (1973). Crossref
© 2014-2019 Samara National Research University. All Rights Reserved.
Public Media Certificate (RUS). 12+