Estimation of dehydration of skin by refractometric method using optical clearing agents
Paper #3317 received 15 Feb2019; revised manuscript received 26 May 2019; accepted for publication 5 Jun 2019; published online 30 Jun 2019.
1. E. A. Genina, A. N. Bashkatov, Yu. P. Sinichkin, I. Yu. Yanina, and V. V. Tuchin, “Optical clearing of biological tissues: prospects of application in medical diagnostics and phototherapy,” Journal of Biomedical Photonics & Engineering 1(1), 22–58 (2015). Crossref
2. A. N. Bashkatov, K. V. Berezin, K. N. Dvoretskiy, M. L. Chernavina, E. A. Genina, V. D. Genin, V. I. Kochubey, E. N. Lazareva, A. B. Pravdin, M. E. Shvachkina, P. A. Timoshina, D. K. Tuchina, D. D. Yakovlev, D. A. Yakovlev, I. Y. Yanina, O. S. Zhernovaya, and V. V. Tuchin, “Measurement of tissue optical properties in the context of tissue optical clearing,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 23(9), 091416 (2018). Crossref
3. R. Shi, M. Chen, V. V. Tuchin, and D. Zhu, “Accessing to arteriovenous blood flow dynamics response using combined laser speckle contrast imaging and skin optical clearing,” Biomedical Optics Express 6(6), 1977–89 (2015). Crossref
4. W. Blondel, P. Rakotomanga, G. Khairallah, C. Soussen, W. Feng, D. Zhu, H. Chen, C. Daul, A. Delconte, F. Marchal, and M. Amouroux, “Skin optical properties modifications using optical clearing agents: experimental and modelling results,” Presented at International Conference Laser Optics (ICLO), Saint Petersburg, Russia (2018). Crossref
5. D. Zhu, K. V. Larin, Q. Luo, and V. V. Tuchin, “Recent progress in tissue optical clearing,” Laser & Photonics Reviews 7(5), 732–757 (2013). Crossref
6. M. H. Khan, B. Choi, S. Chess, K. M. Kelly, J. McCullough, and J. S. Nelson, “Optical clearing of in vivo human skin: implications for light-based diagnostic imaging and therapeutics,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine 34(2), 83–85 (2004). Crossref
7. Y. A. Menyaev, D. A. Nedosekin, M. Sarimollaoglu, M. A. Juratli, E. I. Galanzha, V. V. Tuchin, and V. P. Zharov, “Optical clearing in photoacoustic flow cytometry,” Biomedical Optics Express 4(12), 3030–3041 (2013). Crossref
8. A. Y. Sdobnov, V. V. Tuchin, J. Lademann, and M. E. Darvin, “Confocal Raman microscopy supported by optical clearing treatment of the skin – influence on collagen hydration,” Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 50(28), 285401 (2017). Crossref
9. V. V. Tuchin, Tissue Optics: Light Scattering Methods and Instruments for Medical Diagnostics, 3rd ed., SPIE Press, Bellingham, Washington (2015).
10. D. K. Tuchina, V. D. Genin, A. N. Bashkatov, E. A. Genina, and V. V. Tuchin, Optical clearing of skin tissue ex vivo with polyethylene glycol,” Optics and Spectroscopy 120(1), 28–37 (2016). Crossref
11. D. K. Tuchina, P. A. Timoshina, V. V. Tuchin, A. N. Bashkatov, and E. A. Genina, “Kinetics of rat skin optical clearing at topical application of 40% glucose: ex vivo and in vivo studies,” IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics 25(1), 1–8 (2019). Crossref
12. W. Feng, R. Shi, N. Ma, D. K. Tuchina, V. V. Tuchin, and D. Zhu, “Skin optical clearing potentialof disaccharides,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 21(8), 081207 (2016). Crossref
13. L. M. Oliveira, M. I. Carvalho, E. M. Nogueira, and V. V. Tuchin, “Skeletal muscle dispersion (400–1000 nm) and kinetics at optical clearing,” Journal of Biophotonics 11(1), e201700094 (2018). Crossref
14. E. A. Genina, A. N. Bashkatov, Y. P. Sinichkin, and V. V. Tuchin, “Optical clearing of skin under action of glycerol: ex vivo and in vivo investigations,” Optics and Spectroscopy 109(2), 225–231 (2010). Crossref
15. W. Feng, R. Shi, N. Ma, D. K. Tuchina, V. V. Tuchin, and D. Zhu, “Skin optical clearing potential of disaccharides,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 21(8), 081207 (2016). Crossref
16. Z. Zhi, Z. Han, Q. Luo, and D. Zhu, Improve optical clearing skin in vitro with propylene glycol as a penetration enhancer,” Journal of Innovative Optical Health Sciences 2(3), 269–278 (2009). Crossref
17. S. H. Chung, A. E. Cerussi, C. Klifa, H. M. Baek, O. Birgul, G. Gulsen, S. I. Merritt, D. Hsiang, and B. J. Tromberg, “In vivo water state measurements in breast cancer using broadband diffuse optical spectroscopy,” Physics in Medicine and Biology 53(23), 6713–6727 (2008). Crossref
18. S. Sy, S. Huang, Y. Wang, J. Yu, A. T. Ahuja, Y. T. Zhang, and E. Pickwell-MacPherson, “Terahertz spectroscopy of liver cirrhosis: investigating the origin of contrast,” Physics in Medicine and Biology 55(24), 7587–7596 (2010). Crossref
19. S. P. Mickan, J. Dordick, J. Munch, D. Abbott, and X.-C. Zhang, “Terahertz spectroscopy of bound water in nano suspensions,” Proceeding of SPIE 4937, 49-61 (2002). Crossref
20. A. S. Kolesnikov, E. A. Kolesnikova, A. P. Popov, M. M. Nazarov, А. P. Skurinov, and V. V. Tuchin, “In vitro terahertz monitoring of muscle tissue dehydration under the action of hyperosmotic agents,” Quantum Electronics 44(7), 633–640 (2014). Crossref
21. G. R. Musina, I. N. Dolganova, K. M. Malakhov, A. A. Gavdush, N. V. Chernomyrdin, D. K. Tuchina, G. A. Komandin, S. V. Chuchupal, O. P. Cherkasova, K. I. Zaytsev, and V. V. Tuchin, “Terahertz spectroscopy of immersion optical clearing agents: DMSO, PG, EG, PEG,” Proceeding of SPIE 10800, 108000F (2018). Crossref
22. C. S. Joseph, R. Patel, V. A. Neel, R. H. Giles, and A. N. Yaroslavsky, “Imaging of ex vivo nonmelanoma skin cancers in the optical and terahertz spectral regions Optical and Terahertz skin cancers imaging,” Journal of Biophotonics 7(5), 295–303 (2014). Crossref
23. M. M. Nazarov, O. P. Cherkasova, E. N. Lazareva, A. B. Bucharskaya, N. A. Navolokin, V. V. Tuchin, and A. P. Shkurinov, “A complex study of the peculiarities of blood serum absorption of rats with experimental liver cancer,” Optics and Spectroscopy 126(6), 721–729 (2019) [in press].
24. D. K. Tuchina, V. D. Genin, A. N. Bashkatov, E. A. Genina, and V. V. Tuchin, “Optical clearing of skin tissue ex vivo with polyethylene glycol,” Optics and spectroscopy 120(1), 28–37(2016). Crossref
25. A. N. Bashkatov, E. A. Genina, I. V. Korovina, V. I. Kochubey, Y. P. Sinichkin, and V. V. Tuchin, “In vivo and in vitro study of control of rat skin optical properties by acting of osmotical liquid,” Proceeding of SPIE 4224, 300-311 (2000). Crossref
26. E. A. Genina, A. N. Bashkatov, I. V. Korovina, Y. P. Sinichkin, and V. V. Tuchin, “Control of skin optical properties: in vivo and in vitro study,” Asian Journal of Physics 10(4), 493–501 (2001).
27. R. Barer, “Spectrophotometry of clarified cell suspensions,” Science 121(3151), 709–715 (1955). Crossref
28. D. W. Leonard, K. M. Meek, “Refractive indices of the collagen fibrils and extrafibrillar material of the corneal stroma,” Biophysical Journal 72(3), 1382–1387 (1997). Crossref
29. J. W. Wiechers, J. C. Dederen, and A. V. Rawlings, “Moisturization mechanisms: internal occlusion by orthorhombic lipid phase stabilizers – a novel mechanism of skin moisturization,” Chap. in Skin Moisturization, A. V. R. Rawlings, J. Leyden (eds.), 2nd edition, Taylor & Francis Group, New York (2009). Crossref
30. G. Vargas, E. K. Chan, J. K. Barton, H. G. Rylander III, and A. J. Welch, “Use of an agent to reduce scattering in skin,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine 24(2), 133–141 (1999). Crossref
31. R. Cicchi, F. S. Pavone, D. Massi, and D. D. Sampson, “Contrast and depth enhancement in two-photon microscopy of human skin ex vivo by use of optical clearing agents,” Optics Express 13(7), 2337–2344 (2005). Crossref
32. S. Carvalho, N. Gueiral, E. Nogueira, R. Henrique, L. Oliveira, and V. V. Tuchin, “Glucose diffusion in colorectal mucosa—a comparative study between normal and cancer tissues,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 22(9), 091506 (2017). Crossref
33. A. Y. Sdobnov, J. Lademann, M. E. Darvin, and V. V. Tuchin, “Methods for Optical Skin Clearing in Molecular Optical Imaging in Dermatology,” Biochemistry (Moscow) 84(S1), 144–158 (2019). Crossref
© 2014-2020 Samara National Research University. All Rights Reserved.
Public Media Certificate (RUS). 12+