Application of Yb,Er:Glass laser radiation for active drug delivery at the treatment of onychomycosis
Paper #3318 received 15 Jan 2019; revised manuscript received 15 Mar 2019; accepted for publication 23 Mar 2019; published online 30 Mar 2019.
1. L. W. F. Souza, S. V. T. Souza, and A. C. D. C. Botelho, “Distal and lateral toenail onychomycosis caused by Trichophyton rubrum: treatment with photodynamic therapy based on methylene blue dye,” Anais brasileiros de dermatologia 89(1), 184–186 (2014). Crossref
2. S. Vahabi, R. Fekrazad, S. Ayremlou, and N. Zangeneh, “The effect of antimicrobial photodynamic therapy with radachlorin and toluidine blue on streptococcus mutans: an in vitro study,” Journal of dentistry (Tehran, Iran) 8(2), 48–54 (2011).
3. M. G. Strakhovskaya, V. G. Zhukhovitskii, A. F. Mironov, A. M. Seregin, E. F. Stranadko, and A. B. Rubin, “Fungicidal activity of khlorin photosensitizers,” Doklady Biochemistry and Biophysics 384(1–6), 155–158, (2002). Crossref
4. R. Elkeeb, A. AliKhan, L. Elkeeb, X. Hui, and H. I. Maibach, “Transungual drug delivery: current status,” International journal of pharmaceutics 384(1), 1–8 (2010). Crossref
5. M. V. Saner, A. D. Kulkarni, and C. V. Pardeshi, “Insights into drug delivery across the nail plate barrier,” Journal of drug targeting 22(9), 769–789 (2014). Crossref
6. R. M. Adams, “Effects of mechanical trauma on nails,” American journal of industrial medicine 8(4–5), 273–280 (1985). Crossref
7. S. Murdan, “Enhancing the nail permeability of topically applied drugs,” Expert opinion on drug delivery 5(11), 1267–1282 (2008). Crossref
8. S. N. Murthy, D. E. Wiskirchen, and C. P. Bowers, “Iontophoretic drug delivery across human nail,” Journal of pharmaceutical sciences 96(2), 305–311 (2007). Crossref
9. A. Torkar, J. Kristl, and S. Murdan, “Low-frequency ultrasound to enhance topical drug delivery to the nail,” Presented at AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition, San Diego, CA, USA (2007).
10. J. Neev, J. S. Nelson, M. Critelli, J. L. McCullough, E. Cheung, W. A. Carrasco, A. M. Rubenchik, L. B. Da Silva, M. D. Perry, and B. C. Stuart, “Ablation of Human Nail by Pulsed Lasers,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine 21(2), 186–192 (1997). Crossref
11. M.-T. Tsai, T.-Y. Tsai, S.-C. Shen, C. Ng, Y.-J. Lee, J.-D. Lee, and C.-H. Yang, “Evaluation of Laser-Assisted Trans-Nail Drug Delivery with Optical Coherence Tomography,” Sensors (Basel) 16(12), 2111 (2016). Crossref
12. O. O. de Morais, I. M. C. Costa, C. M. Gomes, D. H. Shinzato, G. M. C. Ayres, and R. M. Cardoso, “The use of the Er:YAG 2940nm laser associated with amorolfine lacquer in the treatment of onychomycosis,” An Bras Dermatol 88(5), 847–849 (2013). Crossref
13. E. B. Abd El-Aal, H. M. Abdo, S. M. Ibrahim, and M. T. Eldestawy, “Fractional carbon dioxide laser assisted delivery of topical tazarotene versus topical tioconazole in the treatment of onychomycosis,” Journal of Dermatological Treatment 30(3), 1–6 (2019). Crossref
14. A. V. Belikov, A. N. Sergeev, S. N. Smirnov, and A. D. Tavalinskaya, “Microperforation of the human nail plate by radiation of erbium lasers,” Frontiers of Optoelectronics 10(3) 299–307 (2017). Crossref
15. S. Smirnov, A. V. Belikov, A. V. Skrypnik, A. N. Sergeev, and A. D. Tavalinskaya, “Er: YLF-laser microperforation of the nail plate for drug delivery,” Proceedings of SPIE 10716, 107160X (2018). Crossref
16. P. Gregorčič, M. Jezeršek, and J. Možina, “Optodynamic energy-conversion efficiency during an Er:YAG-laser-pulse delivery into a liquid through different fiber-tip geometries,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 17(7), 075006 (2012). Crossref
17. M. Frenz, H. Pratisto, F. Konz, E. D. Jansen, A. J. Welch, and H. P. Weber, “Comparison of the effects of absorption coefficient and pulse duration of 2.12-um and 2.79-um radiation on laser ablation of tissue,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics 32(12), 2025–2036 (1996). Crossref
18. E. D. Jansen, T. Asshauer, M. Frenz, M. Motamedi, G. Delacrétaz, and A. J. Welch, “Effect of pulse duration on bubble formation and laser-induced pressure waves during holmium laser ablation,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine 18(3), 278–293 (1996). Crossref
19. A. V. Belikov, S. V. Gagarsky, A. N. Sergeev, and S. N. Smirnov, “Study of hydrodynamic processes in liquids under the influence of powerful microsecond Yb,Er:Glass laser pulses,” Journal of Instrument Engineering 60(4), 367–374 (2017) [in Russian]. Crossref
20. A. V. Belikov, S. V. Gagarsky, A. N. Sergeev, S. N. Smirnov, and A. M. Zagorulko, “Study of acoustic signal during laser hydroacoustic processing of biological tissue by microsecond pulses of ytterbium-erbium glass laser radiation,” Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics 18(6), 939–945 (2018) [in Russian]. Crossref
21. S. N. Smirnov, S. V. Gagarskiy, Y. Y. Fomicheva, A. V. Belikov, A. N. Sergeev, and A. M. Zagorulko, “Investigation of optical and hydrodynamic processes initiated in biological tissues and liquids under the action of high-power pulses of 1.54 µm laser radiation,” Proceedings of SPIE 10716, 107160W (2018). Crossref
22. A. V. Belikov, А. М. Zagorulko, and S. N. Smirnov, “Optimum mode for processing cataract lens of the human eye with microsecond pulses of Yb,Er:Glass laser,” Journal of Instrument Engineering 61(8), 734–737 (2018) [in Russian]. Crossref
23. A. V. Belikov, S. N. Smirnov, A. N. Sergeev, and A. D. Tavalinskaya, “Delivery of the photodynamic agent under the nail plate using Er-laser microperforation and laser-induced hydrodynamic processes,” 2018 International Conference Laser Optics (ICLO), 491 (2018). Crossref
24. A. V. Belikov, A. V. Skrypnik, K. V. Shatilova, and V. V. Tuchin, “Multi-beam laser-induced hydrodynamic shock waves used for delivery of microparticles and liquids in skin,” Lasers in surgery and medicine 47(9), 723–736 (2015). Crossref
25. C. Peter, D. Hongwan, A. Küpfer, and B. H. Lauterburg, “Pharmacokinetics and organ distribution of intravenous and oral methylene blue,” European journal of clinical pharmacology 56(3), 247–250 (2000). Crossref
© 2014-2020 Samara National Research University. All Rights Reserved.
Public Media Certificate (RUS). 12+