Electrical Properties of Porous Silicon as a Biosensor Material
The electrical properties of porous silicon nanocomposites with various glucose solutions were studied. The current-voltage characteristics (I–V) of glucose solutions in water and tear fluid, as well as porous silicon samples of various porosities saturated with these solutions were measured. The porosity and glucose content in the pores were determined by the gravimetric method. Measurements of the I–V characteristics and photoconductivity of nanocomposites showed that their electrical conductivity appreciably depends on the glucose content in solutions.
1. A. Samuilkina, “New biosensors measure sugar levels with a few drops of sweat,” High-tech, 2016 (accessed 10 august 2019).
2. O. I. Ksenofontova, A. V. Vasin, V. V. Egorov, A. V. Bobyl', F. Y. Soldatenkov, E. I. Terukov, V. P. Ulin, N. V. Ulin, and O. I. Kiselev, “Porous silicon and its applications in biology and medicine,” Technical Physics 59(1), 66–77 (2014).
3. N. V. Latukhina, D. A. Lizunkova, I. A. Shishkin, G. A. Rogozhina, and V. A. Gurenkova, “The influence of uncontrolled factors on the properties of porous silicon,” Collection of reports of the VIII International Scientific Conference, 63–65 (2018).
4. К. А. Ganichkina, N. V. Latukhina, and D. R. Suyundukova, “Optical methods for studying porous silicon-based biomaterial,” Proceeding of XVI All-Russian Youth Samara Competition – a conference of scientific papers on optics and laser physics, 268–276 (2018). [in Russian]
5. Y. Chen, S. Lu, S. Zhang, Y. Li, Z. Qu, Y. Chen, B. Lu, X. Wang, and X. Feng, “Skin-like biosensor system via electrochemical channels for noninvasive blood glucose monitoring,” Science advances 3(12), e1701629 (2017).
6. S. Zairi, C. Martelet, N. Jaffrezic-Renault, R. M'gaïeth, H. Maâref, and R. Lamartine, “Porous silicon a transducer material for a high-sensitive (bio) chemical sensor: effect of a porosity, pores morphologies and a large surface area on a sensitivity,” Thin Solid Films 383(1–2), 325–327 (2001).
7. W. Y. Tong, M. J. Sweetman, E. R. Marzouk, C. Fraser, T. Kuchel, and N. H. Voelcker, “Towards a subcutaneous optical biosensor based on thermally hydrocarbonised porous silicon,” Biomaterials 74, 217–230 (2016).
8. J. Salonen, V. P. Lehto, “Fabrication and chemical surface modification of mesoporous silicon for biomedical applications,” Chemical Engineering Journal 137(1), 162–172 (2008).
© 2014-2020 Samara National Research University. All Rights Reserved.
Public Media Certificate (RUS). 12+