Intraoperative Optical Diagnostics of Uterine Microcirculation during Myomectomy
Paper #5659 received 8 Feb 2023; accepted for publication 6 Mar 2023; published online 16 Mar 2023.
1. E. A. Stewart, C. L. Cookson, R. A. Gandolfo, and R. Schulze-Rath, “Epidemiology of uterine fibroids: a systematic review,” BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 124(10), 1501–1512 (2017).
2. E. Giuliani, S. As‐Sanie, and E. E. Marsh, “Epidemiology and management of uterine fibroids,” International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics 149(1), 3–9 (2020).
3. R. Sparic, L. Mirkovic, A. Malvasi, and A. Tinelli, “Epidemiology of uterine myomas: a review,” International Journal of Fertility and Sterility 9(4), 424–435 (2016).
4. E. Aitken, A. Khaund, S. A. Hamid, D. Millan, and S. Campbell, “The normal human myometrium has a vascular spatial gradient absent in small fibroids,” Human Reproduction 21(10), 2669–2678 (2006).
5. G. Farrer‐Brown, J. O. W. Beilby, and M. H. Tarbit, “The blood supply of the uterus: 1. Arterial vasculature,” BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 77(8), 673–681 (1970).
6. M. S. Islam, A. Ciavattini, F. Petraglia, M. Castellucci, and P. Ciarmela, “Extracellular matrix in uterine leiomyoma pathogenesis: a potential target for future therapeutics,” Human Reproduction Update 24(1), 59–85 (2018).
7. A. Tinelli, A. Malvasi, “Uterine fibroid pseudocapsule,” in Uterine Myoma, Myomectomy and Minimally Invasive Treatments, A. Tinelli, A. Malvasi (Eds.), Springer, Cham, 73–93 (2015). ISBN: 978-3-319-10304-4.
8. A. Tinelli, B. S. Hurst, G. Hudelist, D. A. Tsin, M. Stark, L. Mettler, M. Guido, and A. Malvasi, “Laparoscopic myomectomy focusing on the myoma pseudocapsule: technical and outcome reports,” Human Reproduction 27(2), 427–435 (2012).
9. S. Supermaniam, W. L. Thye, “Intramural fibroid and fertility–to operate or not,” Gynecology Pelvic Medicine 2, 1–16 (2019).
10. K. Kandurova, V. Dremin, E. Zherebtsov, E. Potapova, A. Alyanov, A. Mamoshin, Y. Ivanov, A. Borsukov, and A. Dunaev, “Fiber–Optic System for Intraoperative Study of Abdominal Organs during Minimally Invasive Surgical Interventions,” Applied Sciences 9(2), 217 (2019).
11. E. Zherebtsov, M. Zajnulina, K. Kandurova, E. Potapova, V. Dremin, A. Mamoshin, S. Sokolovski, A. Dunaev, and E. U. Rafailov, “Machine Learning Aided Photonic Diagnostic System for Minimally Invasive Optically Guided Surgery in the Hepatoduodenal Area,” Diagnostics 10(11), 873 (2020).
12. E. V. Potapova, E. S. Seryogina, V. V. Dremin, D. D. Stavtsev, I. O. Kozlov, E. A. Zherebtsov, A. V. Mamoshin, Yu. V. Ivanov, and A. V. Dunaev, “Laser speckle contrast imaging of blood microcirculation in pancreatic tissues during laparoscopic interventions,” Quantum Electronics 50(1), 33 (2020).
13. E. Potapova, V. Dremin, E. Zherebtsov, A. Mamoshin, and A. Dunaev, “Multimodal Optical Diagnostic in Minimally Invasive Surgery,” in Multimodal Optical Diagnostics of Cancer, V. V. Tuchin, J. Popp, and V. P. Zakharov (Eds.), Springer, Cham, 397–424 (2020).
14. A. Tinelli, A. Favilli, R. B. Lasmar, I. Mazzon, S. Gerli, X. Xue, and A. Malvasi, “The importance of pseudocapsule preservation during hysteroscopic myomectomy,” European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology 243, 179–184 (2019).
15. A. Malvasi, A. Tinelli, C. Cavallotti, M. Morroni, D. A. Tsin, C. Nezhat, M. Stark, and L. Mettler, “Distribution of substance P (SP) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in pseudocapsules of uterine fibroids,” Peptides 32(2), 327–332 (2011).
16. Y. Sun, L. Zhu, X. Huang, C. Zhou, and X. Zhang, “Immunohistochemical localization of nerve fibers in the pseudocapsule of fibroids,” European Journal of Histochemistry 58(2), 2249 (2014).
17. A. C. Fleischer, “Color Doppler sonography of uterine disorders,” Ultrasound Quarterly 19(4), 179–189 (2003).
18. E. H. Yu Ng, C. C. W. Chan, O. S. Tang, W. S. B. Yeung, and P. C. Ho, “Endometrial and subendometrial blood flow measured by three–dimensional power Doppler ultrasound in patients with small intramural uterine fibroids during IVF treatment,” Human Reproduction 20(2), 501–506 (2005).
19. M. Hickey, G. Krikun, P. Kodaman, F. Schatz, C. Carati, and C. J. Lockwood, “Long–term progestin–only contraceptives result in reduced endometrial blood flow and oxidative stress,” The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 91(9), 3633–3638 (2006).
20. L. Bungum, S. Kullander, and J. M. Maltau, “Laser Doppler flowmetry of human endometrial microvasculature: A preliminary communication,” Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica 75(2), 178–181 (1996).
21. M. Jinno, T. Ozaki, M. Iwashita, Y. Nakamura, A. Kudo, and H. Hirano, “Measurement of endometrial tissue blood flow: a novel way to assess uterine receptivity for implantation,” Fertility and Sterility 76(6), 1168–1174 (2001).
22. B. J. Gannon, C. J. Carati, and C. J. Verco, “Endometrial perfusion across the normal human menstrual cycle assessed by laser Doppler fluxmetry,” Human Reproduction 12(1), 132–139 (1997).
23. C. J. Verco, C. J. Carati, and B. J. Gannon, “Human endometrial perfusion after tubal occlusion,” Human Reproduction 13(2), 445–449 (1998).
24. A. Stefanovska, M. Bracic, and H. D. Kvernmo, “Wavelet analysis of oscillations in the peripheral blood circulation measured by laser Doppler technique,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering 46(10), 1230–1239 (1999).
25. A. V. Dunaev, V. V. Sidorov, A. I. Krupatkin, I. .E Rafailov, S. G. Palmer, N. A. Stewart, S. G. Sokolovski, and E. U. Rafailov, “Investigating tissue respiration and skin microhaemocirculation under adaptive changes and the synchronization of blood flow and oxygen saturation rhythms,” Physiological Measurement 35(4), 607–621 (2014).
26. N. Ramanujam, M. F. Mitchell, A. Mahadevan, S. Thomsen, A. Malpica, T. Wright, N. Atkinson, and R. Richards-Kortum, “Development of a multivariate statistical algorithm to analyze human cervical tissue fluorescence spectra acquired in vivo,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine: The Official Journal of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, 19(1), 46–62 (1996).
27. M. Lucovnik, R. J. Kuon, and R. E. Garfield, “Assessment of parturition with cervical light–induced fluorescence and uterine electromyography,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine 2013, 165913 (2013).
28. M. A. Filina, E. V. Potapova, I. N. Makovik, E. V. Zharkih, V. V. Dremin, E. A. Zherebtsov, A. V. Dunaev, V. V. Sidorov, A. I. Krupatkin, E. A. Alimicheva, G. I. Masalygina, and V. F. Muradyan, “Functional changes in blood microcirculation in the skin of the foot during heating tests in patients with diabetes mellitus,” Human Physiology 43(6), 693–699 (2017).
29. A. V. Dunaev, V. V. Dremin, E. A. Zherebtsov, I. E. Rafailov, K. S. Litvinova, S. G. Palmer, N. A. Stewart, S. G. Sokolovski, and E. U. Rafailov, “Individual variability analysis of fluorescence parameters measured in skin with different levels of nutritive blood flow,” Medical Engineering & Physics 37(6), 574–83 (2015).
30. R. H. Kardon, D. B. Farley, Dr. P. M. Heidger Jr., and D. E. van Orden, “Intraarterial cushions of the rat uterine artery: a scanning electron microscope evaluation utilizing vascular casts,” The Anatomical Record 203(1), 19–29 (1982).
31. R. Tal, J. H. Segars, “The role of angiogenic factors in fibroid pathogenesis: potential implications for future theray,” Human Reproduction Update 20(2), 194–216 (2014).
32. J. A. Walocha, J. A. Litwin, and A. J. Miodoński, “Vascular system of intramural leiomyomata revealed by corrosion casting and scanning electron microscopy,” Human Reproduction 18(5), 1088–1093 (2003).
33. R. Casey, P. A. W. Rogers, and B. J. Vollenhoven, “An immunohistochemical analysis of fibroid vasculature,” Human Reproduction 15(7), 1469–1475 (2000).
34. C. Poncelet, P. Madelenat, G. Feldmann, F. Walker, and E. Darai, “Expression of von Willebrand’s factor, CD34, CD31, and vascular endothelial growth factor in uterine leiomyomas,” Fertility and Sterility 78(3), 581–586 (2002).
35. G. Weston, A. C. Trajstman, C. E. Gargett, U. Manuelpillai, B. J. Vollenhoven, and P. A.W. Rogers, “Fibroids display an anti‐angiogenic gene expression profile when compared with adjacent myometrium,” Molecular Human Reproduction 9(9), 541–549 (2003).
36. G. P. Flake, A. B. Moore, D. Sutton, N. Flagler, N. Clayton, G. E. Kissling, B. W. Hall, J. Horton, D. Walmer, S. J. Robboy, and Darlene Dixon, “The life cycle of the uterine fibroid myocyte,” Current Obstetrics and Gynecology Reports 7(2), 97–105 (2018).
37. G. P. Flake, A. B. Moore, N. Flagler, B. Wicker, N. Clayton, G. E. Kissling, S. J. Robboy, and D. Dixon, “The natural history of uterine leiomyomas: morphometric concordance with concepts of interstitial ischemia and inanosis,” Obstetrics and Gynecology International 2013, 285103 (2013).
38. V. Aleksandrovych, T. Bereza, M. Sajewicz, J. A Walocha, and K. Gil, “Uterine fibroid: common features of widespread tumor,” Folia medica Cracoviensia 55(1), 61-75 (2015).
39. J. D. Aplin, A. K. Charlton, and S. Ayad, “An immunohistochemical study of human endometrial extracellular matrix during the menstrual cycle and first trimester of pregnancy,” Cell and Tissue Research 253(1), 231–240 (1988).
40. A. Mayevsky, G. G. Rogatsky, “Mitochondrial function in vivo evaluated by NADH fluorescence: from animal models to human studies,” American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology 292(2), C615–C640 (2006).
41. N. J. Raine–Fenning, B. K. Campbell, N. R. Kendall, J. S. Clewes, and I. R. Johnson, “Endometrial and subendometrial perfusion are impaired in women with unexplained subfertility,” Human Reproduction 19(11), 2605–2614 (2004).
© 2014-2023 Samara National Research University. All Rights Reserved.
Public Media Certificate (RUS). 12+