Lower Limb Analysis of the Biomechanical Gait Cycle at Various Phases in Real Time
Paper #8682 received 4 Mar 2023; revised manuscript received 14 May 2023; accepted for publication 29 May 2023; published online 13 Jun 2023.
1. J. M. Oliva-Lozano, J. M. Muyor, “Core muscle activity during physical fitness exercises: A systematic review,” International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 17(12), 4306 (2020).
2. A. Fleming, N. Stafford, S. Huang, X. Hu, D. P. Ferris, and H. H. Huang, “Myoelectric control of robotic lower limb prostheses: a review of electromyography interfaces, control paradigms, challenges and future directions,” Journal of Neural Engineering 18(4), 041004 (2021).
3. M. Grimmer, J. Zeiss, F. Weigand, G. Zhao, S. Lamm, M. Steil, and A. Heller, “Lower limb joint biomechanics-based identification of gait transitions in between level walking and stair ambulation,” Plos One 15(9), e0239148 (2020).
4. F. Lullo, L. Donisi, G. Piscosquito, B. Lanzillo, C. Armando, and G. D’Addio, “Gait analysis: technical notes,” Journal of Advanced Health Care 2(1), 67–70 (2020).
5. B. Sanchez, O. G. Martinsen, T. J. Freeborn, and C. M. Furse, “Electrical impedance myography: a critical review and outlook,” Clinical Neurophysiology 132(2), 338–344 (2021).
6. J. D. Farah, N. Baddour, and E. D. Lemaire, “Design, development, and evaluation of a local sensor-based gait phase recognition system using a logistic model decision tree for orthosis-control,” Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation 16(1), 22 (2019).
7. X. Zou, “The Design of the Electromyography Sensor with the Modifying Circuit,” Journal of Physics: Conference Series 1693, 012189 (2020).
8. M. A. M. Said, B. E. J. Tubam, N. K. Khamis, and A. Arsad, “A Study of Postural Safety and Low-Cost Electromyography (EMG) Device Towards Grocery Workers in Kota Samarahan, Sarawak,” Journal of Engineering and Science Research 4(4), 1–5 (2020).
9. R. Wall, T. Laeubli, R. Seibt, M. A. Rieger, and B. Steinhilber, “Associations between low back muscle activity, pelvic movement and low back discomfort development during prolonged standing–An exploratory laboratory study,” International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics 72, 380–389 (2019).
10. R. N. Kumar, A. Saravanan, S. Shankar, R. Nithyaprakash, B. Jaikumar, A. Mohanraj, and K. Mohanprasath, “Investigating the Impact of the Hoe handle Length and Angle on the Shoulder and Arm Muscle Activity during Manual Farming Activities,” Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India): Series A 102(4), 1053–1060 (2021).
11. S. Pasinetti, A. Fornaser, M. Lancini, M. De Cecco, and G. Sansoni, “Assisted gait phase estimation through an embedded depth camera using modified random forest algorithm classification,” IEEE Sensors Journal 20(6), 3343–3355 (2019).
12. Z. Majid, N. T. Al-Sharify, and Z. T. Al-Sharify, “Measurement of Muscle Activity using Arduino Advanced Software for Sustainable Aid,” Journal of Green Engineering 10(9), 4965–4976 (2020).
13. D. Xu, Q. Wu, and Y. Zhu, “Development of a sEMG-based joint torque estimation strategy using Hill-type muscle model and neural network,” Journal of Medical and Biological Engineering 41, 34–44 (2021).
14. H. K. Hameed, W. Z. Wan Hasan, S. Shafie, S. A. Ahmad, H. Jaafar, and L. N. Inche Mat, “Investigating the performance of an amplitude-independent algorithm for detecting the hand muscle activity of stroke survivors,” Journal of Medical Engineering & Technology 44(3), 139–148 (2020).
15. A. Kochanowicz, B. Niespodzinski, J. Mieszkowski, M. Marina, K. Kochanowicz, and M. Zasada, “Changes in the muscle activity of gymnasts during a handstand on various apparatus,” The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research 33(6), 1609–1618 (2019).
16. A. Prakash, A. K. Sahi, N. Sharma, and S. Sharma, “Force myography controlled multifunctional hand prosthesis for upper-limb amputees,” Biomedical Signal Processing and Control 62, 102122 (2020).
17. Y. Cheng, G. Li, J. Li, Y. Sun, G. Jiang, F. Zeng, H. Zhao, and D. Chen, “Visualization of activated muscle area based on sEMG,” Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems 38(3), 2623–2634 (2020).
18. Z. G. Xiao, C. Menon, “An investigation on the sampling frequency of the upper-limb force myographic signals,” Sensors 19(11), 2432 (2019).
19. K. Momeni, A. Ramanujam, E. L. Garbarini, and G. F. Forrest, “Multi-muscle electrical stimulation and stand training: effects on standing,” The Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine 42(3), 378–386 (2019).
20. M. F. Ribeiro, A. P. Espindula, J. B. Lage, D. E. B. Júnior, L. H. Diniz, E. C. de Mello, A. A. Ferreira, M. L. Fonseca Ferraz, and V. de P. A. Teixeira, “Analysis of the electromiographic activity of lower limb and motor function in hippotherapy practitioners with cerebral palsy,” Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies 23(1), 39–47 (2019).
21. P. Clos, R. Lepers, “Leg Muscle Activity and Perception of Effort before and after Four Short Sessions of Submaximal Eccentric Cycling,” International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 17(21), 7702 (2020).
22. G. H. Mirzaie, A. Rahimi, M. Kajbafvala, F. D. Manshadi, K. K. Kalantari, and A. Saidee, “Electromyographic activity of the hip and knee muscles during functional tasks in males with and without patellofemoral pain,” Journal of bodywork and movement therapies 23(1), 54–58 (2019).
23. S. Majumder, M. J. Deen, “Wearable IMU-based system for real-time monitoring of lower-limb joints,” IEEE Sensors Journal 21(6), 8267–8275 (2020).
24. S. Gong, Z. Wang, W. Ye, and Q. Hua, “Real-time Detection System of Gait Event for Disabled People,” Journal of Physics: Conference Series 1650, 032106 (2020).
25. E. Dorschky, M. Nitschke, A.-K. Seifer, A. J. van den Bogert, and B. M. Eskofier, “Estimation of gait kinematics and kinetics from inertial sensor data using optimal control of musculoskeletal models,” Journal of Biomechanics 95, 109278 (2019).
26. J. C. Perez-Ibarra, A. A. Siqueira, and H. I. Krebs, “Identification of gait events in healthy and Parkinson’s disease subjects using inertial sensors: A supervised learning approach,” IEEE Sensors Journal 20(24), 14984–14993 (2020).
27. N. Mani, P. Haridoss, and B. George, “A wearable ultrasonic-based ankle angle and toe clearance sensing system for gait analysis,” IEEE Sensors Journal 21(6), 8593–8603 (2020).
28. A. Kumar, A. K. Godiyal, P. Joshi, and D. Joshi, “A new force myography-based approach for continuous estimation of knee joint angle in lower limb amputees and able-bodied subjects,” IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics 25(3), 701–710 (2020).
29. M. A. B. Silva, A. F. G. Lupianhes, J. B. Lage, L. A. P. Sande, R. C. Rosa, L. A. Lombardi, and A. P. Espindula, “Electromyographic analysis of muscle activation of the trunk and lower limbs during human gait and hippotherapy using different ride mount materials,” Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies 27, 507–511 (2021).
30. Getting Started with the Arduino Pro Mini (accessed on 17 January 2023). [https://docs.arduino.cc/retired/getting-started-guides/ArduinoProMini].
31. A. B. Fakhri, S. K. Gharghan, S. L. Mohammed, and S. L. Zubaidi, “Measurement Validation of Patient Vital Signs Monitoring System Using Wireless Sensor Network,” in 2020 13th International Conference on Developments in eSystems Engineering (DeSE), 423–426 (2020).
32. Myoware-muscle-sensor (accessed on 17 January 2023). [https://www.digikey.com/en/maker/projects/myoware-muscle-sensor-kit/39ecba5502ad4c59ad0f7eca25b6e338].
33. ElectronicWings, Bluetooth Module HC-05 Pinout, AT Commands & Arduino Programming (accessed on 17 January 2023). [https://www.electronicwings.com/sensors-modules/bluetooth-module-hc-05-].
34. A. Q. Baktash, S. L. Mohammed, and H. F. Jameel, “Multi-Sign Language Glove based Hand Talking System,” in IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 1105, 012078 (2021).
© 2014-2023 Samara National Research University. All Rights Reserved.
Public Media Certificate (RUS). 12+