Valery V. Tuchin
Saratov State University, Russia
Institute of Precision Mechanics and Control RAS, Russia
University of Oulu, Finland
Aims & Scope
The Journal of Biomedical Photonics & Engineering covers fundamental research and applications focused on the interactions between light and biological materials and biomedical signal processing. The objectives of JBPE are to establish an effective channel of communication between researchers, practitioners and clinicians, government agencies, universities, academic and research institutions and persons working in the area of biomedical photonics and engineering. Our focus encompasses the application of the basic principles of photonics and engineering to the development of medical devices and technologies, advancements in the early detection, diagnostics, and therapy of disease and with the ultimate aim of producing improvements in the quality of health care.
- Tissue optics
- Biomedical modelling and simulation
- Laser-tissue interaction and tissue engineering
- Noninvasive physiological monitoring
- Medical and biological imaging instrumentation and techniques
- Photonic therapeutics and diagnostics
- Clinical technologies and systems
- Advanced microscopy and imaging
- Nanobiophotonics and optical molecular imaging
- Photonic nano-manipulation
- Ultrasound-modulated optical phenomena
- Photoacoustic / optoacoustic imaging, tomography
- Multimodal and hybrid biomedical imaging
- Optical coherence tomography
- Medical imaging systems
- Laser diagnostic and laser therapeutic methods, instruments, and systems
- Ophthalmic instruments, systems, implants, and clinical applications
- Optical and nanoscale biosensors
- Ultrasensitive detection and optical clinical chemistry
- Endoscopic systems and applications
- Biospectroscopy and optoelectronic instrumentation
- Spectroscopic methods on a cellular and molecular level
- Fiber optic sensors, instrumentation, and techniques
- Optical and structural microscopy
- Applications of optical systems and technologies to biology and medicine
- Drug discovery and development
- Food an drug analysis
- Biomedical signal processing
- Theranostic applications of plasmonic nanoparticles and multifunctional nanocomposites
- Engineered nanoparticles and bioconjugates for biomedicin
- Analytical tools based on nanobiotechnology
- Medical device development
- Biomedical telemetry monitoring
- Space medicine
Journal of Biomedical Photonics & Engineering is a quarterly international electronic journal published in English. JBPE publishes original articles, review articles, special issues and tutorials. The publication months of scheduled issues are as follows: March, June, September, December. Articles will continue to be published online first in the "Online Ready" section before the whole issue is available.
How to cite: To make sure that references to this journal are correctly recorded and resolved (for example in CrossRef, PubMed, or ISI Web of Knowledge), please use the following abbreviated title in any citations: "J. Biomed. Photonics and Eng." (punctuation may vary according to the style of the citing journal).
Open Access Policy
All articles published by JBPE are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) licence that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
JBPE appeals to scientists such as physicists, chemists, and biologists, as well as physicians and engineers interested in the application of light in life sciences.
medicine, microbiology, food and drug analysis, tissue optics, biomedical modelling and simulation, laser-tissue interaction, optics and photonics in life sciences, biomedical monitoring, biomedical imaging, microscopy, optical manipulation, photoacoustics, optical tomography, ophthalmic systems, implants, clinical applications, optical biosensors, optical clinical chemistry, endoscopic applications, spectroscopy, fiber optic, optical microscopy, biomedical application, drug discovery, biomedical signal processing, theranostic applications, nanoparticles, nanocomposites, analytical tools, biomedical device development, space medicine.