Optical Biopsy and Optical Pathology: Affordable Health Care Under Low-Resource Settings
Paper #3377 received 12 Jun 2020; accepted for publication 17 Jun 2020; published online 30 Jun 2020.
1. “World Population Prospects: The 2019 Revision,” United Nations Population Division (accessed April 4, 2020).
2. OECD Health Statistics 2020 (accessed May 17, 2020).
3. GBD 2015 SDG Collaborators, “Measuring the health-related Sustainable Development Goals in 188 countries: a baseline analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015,” The Lancet 388(10053), 1813–1850 (2016).
4. V. B. Kartha, Santhosh C., Biomedical Spectroscopy, (Chapter 1, and References therein), Manipal University Press, Manipal, India (2014).
5. A. F. Fercher, W. Drexler, C. K. Hitzenberger, and T. Lasser, “Optical coherence tomography – principles and applications,” Reports on Progress in Physics 66, 239–303 (2003).
6. S. L. Jacques, “Optical properties of biological tissues: a review,” Physics in Medicine and Biology 58(11), R37–R61 (2013).
7. V. V. Tuchin, “Light scattering study of tissues,” Physics Uspekhi 40(5), 495–515 (1997).
8. B. K. Manjunath, J. Kurien, L. Rao, C. Murali Krishna, M. S. Chidananda, K. Venkatakrishna, and V. B. Kartha, “Autofluorescence of oral tissue for optical pathology in oral malignancy,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology 73(1–2), 49–58 (2004).
9. S. M. Chidananda, K. Satyamoorthy, L. Rai, A. P. Manjunath, and V. B. Kartha, “Optical diagnosis of cervical cancer by fluorescence spectroscopy technique,” International Journal of Cancer 119(1), 139–145 (2006).
10. V. B. Kartha, J. Kurien, K. M. Pai, L. Rao, L. Rai, K. K. Mahato, C. M. Krishna, and C. Santhosh, “Diagnosis at the molecular level: Analytical Laser spectroscopy for clinical applications,” Chapter in Photo/Electrochemistry & Photobiology in the Environment, Energy and Fuel, S. Kaneco (Ed.), Research Signpost, Trivandrum, 153–221 (2005).
11. R. Jyothi Lakshmi, M. Alexander, J. Kurien, J. G. R. Solomon, P. Umadevi, M. S. Vidyasagar, and V.B. Kartha, “Laser spectroscopy studies of radiation effects on animal models and human systems,” Chapter in Photo/Electrochemistry & Photobiology in the Environment, Energy and Fuel, S. Kaneco (Ed.), Research Signpost, Trivandrum, 105–151 (2005).
12. Biopsy: Types of biopsy procedures used to diagnose cancer, Mayo Clinic Staff (accessed 16/07/2016).
13. P. Holmstrup, P. Vedofte, J. Reibel, and K. Stoltze, “Oral pre-malignant lesions: is a biopsy reliable?” Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine 36(5), 262–266 (2007).
14. A. Patil, V. K. Unnikrishnan, R. Ongole, K. M. Pai, V. B. Kartha, and S. Chidangil, “Non-Invasive in vivo Screening of Oral Malignancy,” Modern Technologies in Medicine 10(1), 15–26 (2018)
15. V. K. Unnikrishnan, A. Patil, R. Bernard, K. K. Mahato, K. M. Pai, R. Ongoleetal, “Oral Cancer Screening in Rural India-Report on in vivo Device Test of 349 Subjects at Manipal and Mangalore,” Philips Research, Technical Note MU-PR-TN/LIF-02/2007 (2007).
16. C. E. Metz, “Basic Principles of ROC Analysis,” Seminars in Nuclear Medicine 8(4), 283–298 (1978).
17. What’s Killing India? Knowing Top 10 Killer Death Diseases in India, icicilombard.com (accessed Aug 06, 2013).
18. A. Jemal, F. Bray, M. M. Center, J. Ferlay, E. Ward, D. Forman, “Global Cancer Statistics,” CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians 61, 69–90 (2011).
19. Global Cancer Facts and Figures, 3rd Edition, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia (2015).
20. Household Consumption of Various Goods and Services in India, 2011–12, NSS Report No. 558, Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of India, June (2014).
21. N. Ramanujam, “Fluorescence spectroscopy In Vivo,” Chapter in Encyclopedia of Analytical Chemistry, R.A. Meyers (Ed.), John Wiley & Sons, 20–56 (2000).
22. Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), University of Maryland Medical Centre (accessed 8/5/2015).
23. H. McNulty , K. Pentieva, L. Hoey, and M. Ward, “Homocysteine, B-vitamins and CVD,” Proceedings of the Nutritions Society 67(2), 232–237 (2008).
24. A. K. Patil, K. S. Choudhari, V. K. Unnikrishna, N. Shenoy, R. Ongole, K. M. Pai, V. B. Kartha, and C. Santhosh, “Salivary protein markers: a noninvasive protein profile-based method for the early diagnosis of oral premalignancy and malignancy,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 18(10), 101317 (2013).
25. S. Bhat, A. Patil, L. Rai, V. B. Kartha, and S. Chidangil, “Application of HPLC Combined with Laser Induced Fluorescence for Protein Profile Analysis of Tissue Homogenates in Cervical Cancer,” The Scientific World Journal 2012, 976421 (2012).
26. S. Bhat, A. Patil, L. Rai, V. B. Kartha, and C. Santhosh, “Protein profile analysis of cellular samples from the cervix for the objective diagnosis of cervical cancer using HPLC-LIF,” Journal of Chromatography B 878(31), 3225–3230 (2010).
27. A. Patil, V. Prabhu, K. S. Choudhari, V. K. Unnikrishnan, S. D. George, R. Ongole, K. M. Pai, K. Jayarama Shetty, S. Bhat, V. B. Kartha, and C. Santhosh, “Evaluation of high-performance liquid chromatography laser-inducedfluorescence for serum protein profiling for early diagnosis of oral cancer”, Journal of Biomedical Optics, 15(6), 067007 (2010).
28. L. Rai, P. Kumar, K. K. Mahato, V. B. Kartha, and C. Santhosh, “Serum protein profile study of normal and cervical cancer subjects by high performance liquid chromatography with laser-induced fluorescence,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 13(5), 054062 (2008).
29. S. K. Singh, R. L. Martis, S. Bhat, A. Rani, P. Kushtagi, L. Rai, V. B. Kartha, and C. Santhosh, “Protein Profile Study of Clinical Samples of Ovarian Cancer using High Performance Liquid Chromatography-Laser Induced Fluorescence (HPLC-LIF),” Proceedings of SPIE 6092, 60920N (2006).
30. V. K .Venkatakrishna, B. Kartha, K. M. Pai, C. M. Krishna, O. Ravikiran, J. Kurian, M. Alexander, and G. Ullas, “HPLC-LIF for Early Detection of Oral Cancer,” Current Science 84(4), 551–557 (2003).
31. A. Patil, K. S. Choudhari, V. Prabhu, V. K. Unnikrishnan, S. Bhat, K. M. Pai, V. B. Kartha, and C. Santhosh, “Highly Sensitive High Performance Liquid Chromatography-Laser Induced Fluorescence for Proteomics Applications,” International Scholarly Research Notices 2012, 643979 (2012).
32. J. F. Portales, J. A. García Robles, J. J. Candil, E. P. David, J. R. Rey Blas, L. Pérez de Isla, Ó. D. Castro, and J. Almendral, “Utility of the Serum Biochemical Markers CPK, CPK MB Mass, Myoglobin, and Cardiac Troponin T in a Chest Pain Unit. Which Marker Determinations Should Be Requested and When?” Revista Española de Cardiología 55(9), 913–920 (2002).
33. Cardiac Enzyme Studies:Test Overview WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise (acessed August 7, 2015).
34. F. Fischbach, D. M. Bunning III, A Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests, 9th ed., Wolters Kluwer Health, Philadelphia (2015).
35. N. Sujatha, L. Rai, P. Kumar, B. R. Krishnanand, K. K. Mahato, S. D. George, V. B. Kartha, S. C, “Protein profile study of Pap smear and tissue of cervix by High Performance Liquid Chromatography-Laser Induced Fluorescence,” Proceedings of SPIE 6441, 64410B (2007).
© 2014-2021 Samara National Research University. All Rights Reserved.
Public Media Certificate (RUS). 12+